About Our Weddings & Events
Oak Hill Estate, the former home of Chief Justice John Marshall, is available to rent for special events such as weddings, receptions, corporate retreats, and dinner parties. It is also a wonderful setting for tea parties, bridal showers, rehearsal dinners, anniversaries, or birthday parties.
Proceeds from our rentals help preserve this celebrated home of American history, which opens to public for the first time in the summer of 2012.
If you would like more information regarding renting this historic property please contact our event team to arrange a consultation.
Here’s some important information to get you started:
• The Oak Hill property includes the 2400 square-foot Oak Hill Estate and its 1200 square-foot outdoor brick patio, and use of the bridal suite and groom’s cottage before the ceremony.
• The Barrel Oak property includes the winery and outdoor patio but has no accommodations for the bridal party before the ceremony.
• Guest lists for both properties are recommended at 100 guests or less. The Oak Hill property can accommodate up to 300 guests with extra stipulations and tented reception areas.
• These are venue rentals. All other rentals – catering, florist, etc. – can be arranged through our preferred vendors list. Other vendors must be approved and have liability insurance.
• Events can start earlier than the times stated but a per hour rate will be applied for closing the facility early.
• Weddings and large events include time before and after the scheduled event for vendor set up and break down.
• Event end-time curfews are strictly adhered to.
• High Season is considered from April through October.
• Open flame is not allowed inside or near the estate, or under the tent.
• Rose petals, rice paper, confetti, bubbles, sparklers and birdseed are permitted on the grounds.
• Children must be under adult supervision at all times.